Our track record speaks for itself:
TemboSocial has a proven 99.9+ percent uptime record for years. To ensure maximum uptime and continuous availability, TemboSocial provides redundant data protection along with a complete data recovery plan and is hosted at the premier data center in Canada.
What’s behind TemboSocial’s reliability?
- TemboSocial runs on two geographically dispersed, mirrored data centers with built-in replication, disaster recovery, and a redundant network backbone.
- If one of these facilities goes down—because of a natural disaster, for example, the applications will fail-over to the other site with minimal interruption.
- The latest power systems—including on-site diesel generators for backup power and backups for the cooling systems and water supplies—make interruptions related to facility issues statistically extremely unlikely.
- Our network is fully redundant and been designed to eliminate any single points of failure.
- Data backups are automated and scheduled twice daily. These backups are encrypted by GPG, an open source security package, using DSA/ELG with key length 1024/2048. They are stored in the secure managed production environment.
Historical backup data is stored as follows:
- Data is encrypted and backed up every day to tape that is stored within the secure hosting facility.
- Data is stored for a period of two weeks.
- After 14 days, the data is permanently deleted from the backup tape.
- No data is ever removed from the secure hosting facility.
- Customer data are stored in encrypted partitions on TemboSocial’s production servers. The encrypted partition is protected by the AES256 algorithm. Since partitions have to be manually mounted with a strong password after a system has rebooted, no data is intelligible even if the hard drive is physically removed from the server.
- AES ciphers have been analyzed extensively and are now the standard adopted by the U.S. government.
- Customers have their own separate logical database where their data does not reside in a shared table.